THE INTERIM ADVANTAGE
THE INTERIM ADVANTAGE
Founded in 1980, the Center for Interim Programs ("Interim") is the first and longest-running independent gap year counseling organization in the United States. At Interim we have always believed that the process of personal expansion and creative risk-taking is relevant to people of all ages, at any stage of life. Through our own personal explorations and professional experiences, our team knows first-hand that the perspective, knowledge and skills gained through a well-planned gap year are critical to one's growth and identity, and as such are a tremendous complement to further personal, academic and career pursuits.
- We offer an initial, free 90-minute consultation to anyone interested in gap time. See Our Services page.
- We actively cultivate and maintain a database of over 6,500 travel programs, volunteer opportunities, internship placements, apprenticeships, language schools, wilderness courses, academic semesters, art schools, research trips, and more worldwide. Explore some of our programs and placements.
- Our high quality and personalized recommendations come from nearly 40 years of program relationships, site visits, ongoing research, fact-checking, and alumni feedback.
- We are in the process of applying for our professional counselor accreditation through the Gap Year Association.
- We are a team of passionate learners and active listeners, committed to supporting individuals who are seeking to explore their full potential and possibilities.
Jane SarouhanVice President
Jason SarouhanVice President
Kate WarrenDirector of Research
Our team has over 70 combined years in the field of experiential and international education as gap year counselors, program directors, trip leaders, travelers, students, and parents. We have helped more than 6,800 individuals navigate their gap time. We are keynote and panel speakers at NACAC, HECA, IECA, USA Gap Year Fairs, and high schools nationwide, and serve on the Board of Advisors for the Gap Year Association. We have been interviewed for numerous articles, books, radio, and television shows covering the gap year, as listed in Interim In The News.
We are happy to provide references upon request. You may also enjoy reading how Interim has been a part of compelling Facts & Figures in support of gap time, as well as some of our student and parent Testimonials.