Older gappers should visit the Mid and Post Career page for more information.
- Study abroad semester in Europe with student housing
- Language study and homestays throughout Latin America
- Semester live-aboard sailing educational program
- 7 countries in 7 months focusing on global issues
- Language school and cultural immersion in Japan
- Self-designed academic curriculum with tutors in England
- Design and architecture summer course at a U.S. college
- Work with sled dogs, horses, and injured wildlife in Canada
- Wildlife conservation and research throughout Africa
- Volunteer at a penguin or monkey sanctuary in Chile
- Tag sea turtles and do beach patrols in Greece or Costa Rica
- Support care for elephants in Thailand or the U.S.
- Volunteer at a panda reserve in China
- Work at a cattle station and adventure center in Australia
- Sculpture, jewelry, and painting classes in New Zealand
- Hands-on art history study in Italy
- Film-making courses in U.S. and Europe
- Classes in ceramics, metals, and glass-work in the U.S.
- Theatre programs in the U.S. and Italy
- Semester fine art program in Italy or Greece
- Jazz, rock, guitar, and percussion classes in the U.S.
- Work with homeless, street children in Ecuador
- Volunteer in rural clinics and hospitals in India or Mexico
- Bring computer and IT skills to rural communities in Asia
- Support sports, health, and women’s programs in Africa
- Volunteer at outdoor education centers in the U.S.
- Construction and teaching projects in Fiji
- Reforestation & clean water projects in Latin America
- Field research studying ecosystems in the U.S. and abroad
- Marine biology and sustainability in the Caribbean
- Join a conservation crew in a national park in the U.S.
- Sustainable building at an experimental farm in Costa Rica
- Conservation travel program in New Zealand and Australia
- SCUBA certification and research in Fiji and Mexico
- Volunteer at a nature reserve in a cloud forest in Ecuador
- Spanish, adventure, and service semester in South America
- Cultural program in Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand
- Study eastern languages, traditions, and religions in Asia
- Build classrooms, teach, and travel throughout East Africa
- Meditation, service, and trek to Everest Base Camp in Nepal
- Live and teach at an environmental school in Costa Rica
- Learn about the indigenous people of the southwest
- Intern at a gallery or museum in Europe or New Zealand
- Journalism or media internship in South Africa
- Political internship at a government watchdog in D.C.
- Web design and IT internship in Spain or Ireland
- Medical internship in Costa Rica with Spanish classes
- Intern at an outdoor adventure center in New Zealand
- Internship in education and development in Africa
OUTDOOR & WILDERNESS
- Semester outdoor leadership courses worldwide
- Courses in wilderness survival and emergency medicine
- Ski and snowboard instructor training in Canada
- Leadership and outdoor education semester in Costa Rica
- Craft-oriented wilderness education program in the U.S.
- Mountaineering and avalanche course in Alaska
- Surf coaching and lifeguarding program in Ireland
- Semester religious studies group program in India
- Silent meditation retreat in the U.S. and Nepal
- Program in Israel focused on Jewish studies
- Yoga classes and teacher training courses in the Caribbean
- Faith-based service projects worldwide
- Volunteer work at a spiritual community in Scotland
- Internship at a Tibetan Buddhist studies center in France
- Guitar-building program in Europe
- SCUBA and sailing instructor courses in Australia or Greece
- TEFL training in Costa Rica, Thailand, or Spain
- Recording arts program in the U.S.
- Courses in design, natural building, & construction in U.S.
- Cooking courses throughout Europe
- Martial arts and Mandarin in China